Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Nikkole D. Caudill

Documenting A Day in the Life of My Passion


 "Start With A Selection"



"Professional Kit"



"Color Swatches"



"Confidence Boost"



"End Of The Day"


Nikkole Caudill

Documenting A Day in the Life of My Passion

This series of photographs is meant to offer a glimpse at a passion of mine, makeup.  The art of makeup is what brought me here to IUSB when I was a freshman and a theater major.  I have enjoyed from a very young age creating beauty on people's faces and occasionally my own.  Here I document how I go about the makeup application process. These photos came from several different shoots ranging from October until December of this year.  When most people think of makeup in a documentary style most would imagine a "how-to" set up.  I however decided to be a bit more abstract and personal with my interpretation.  The first is from the local drug store and documents the first step, obtaining the right product.   The second is my theater stage makeup kit, a symbol of how I got my start at college.  The third is my personal set of color swatches to represent the next step, testing/forming a color palette. For the fourth picture I skipped straight to grand finale, the desired finale product.  And this picture also represents my favorite facial feature to paint.  The final picture encompasses the end of makeups journey.  For me and my lipstick that always means a traditional tissue.  I feel this series of photographs uniquely documents parts of the makeup process that are not necessarily preconceived as glamorous but are certainly indicative of me and my personality.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew so much went into makeup! It's very interesting, seeing what you do with it. I like how you displayed the different colors, and I really liked the removal of the make-up. At the end of the day, it always ends up on those napkins, and you have to do it again the next day! But it's all worth it, because it's so beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete