Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"Nature's Gift" by Corey Miller

Nature's Gift

A Path to Heaven

 Nature's Journey

 The Setting Sun

 The Last to Fall

At the Edge

These pictures represent the beauty of the world at its barest to me. When fall turns to winter the world looks bleak and colorless, but when seen with black and white film the shadows and the contrast show what a gift we have. I took these pictures close to when the sun was setting so the shadows were long and the images slightly distorted from what they would be in broad daylight. Nature shots are my personal favorite and I feel like the world is constantly changing and that by capturing these images we are saving the history of our world. My intentions were to capture the beauty of nature right before the snow fell and to share how I view our world and the nature around us.
By Corey Miller

5 comments:

  1. a beautiful way of documenting nature and the beauty that it gives us. the pics describe different angles and different side of the nature and that really puts into perspective how beautiful and how attractive the nature. I DID NOT LIKE MUCH the fact that all the pics are in black and white. it would have been a lot attractive in my opinion, had it be in colors.

    Ab

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these pictures. They capture nature, something we have little control over. Hillary Schenck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you did this. I almost did this as my series, but you did a ten times better job then I would have.
    Alexis Ford-Doan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE BLACK AND WHITE! Great Great Great photo series!

    Josh Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very beautiful shots. Stunning! And I love them in black and white.
    -Maureen Donovan

    ReplyDelete