Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Giselle Sanchez


"leaving"




"deliberate words"




"tree of soles"



"left behind"



"definition"


In my series of images I wanted to explore the word "left". As in being left behind, leaving. In my first image I have a straightforward interpretation of this concept. A figure walking away in the distance. My second image I realized on accident, while waiting across from the school, I looked up and saw the graffiti, and it dawned on me that the person that wrote it left it there for someone to read. My third picture was taken about an hour out from Petoskey, Michigan on a weekend trip, we ended up going in reverse to get back to this tree that had hundreds upon hundreds of shoes on it, that people left there. My fourth image is of a child left behind, and all alone. My last image is a photo of a page in the book "The Lover's Dictionary", I thought that his definition of detachment embodied one shade of what it could mean to leave. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the concept and style of these photographs. I think they're well done and I like the photo of the definition as well. Interesting!

    -Maureen Donovan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very captivating images. The color is so calm and it kind of inviting me to stay in one place and just staring at it. I love the calmness. The color invoke loneliness. At the same time, the color kind of giving me a sense of sadness and quest of hopeless manner to find someone for friendly company. In a nutshell, a desperate situation.

    ReplyDelete