Monday, December 3, 2012

Maureen Donovan - Daily Routine

Persistence

Interrupted

Lion

Staying

Evidence

Maureen Donovan - Daily Routine

My intention was to capture pets; my cats and dog in their home environment, and not staging anything. In this series, these photos capture (Persistence) my cat Maggie waiting to be let in from outside, (Interrupted) a moment where I was reading a book on the floor, my cat approached me and stepped on the page I was reading. She wanted my attention to be given food. (Lion) My cat Milo is shown relaxing in the sunlight and (Staying) my dog Rosie is waiting for my mom to come home from work. Another image (Evidence) shows a paw print on the window from my dog Rosie, showing that she had wanted to be let in at some point and had jumped up on the glass.

6 comments:

  1. I love these photos, particularly the one with the dog looking out the window. What a great way to capture your animals.! Hillary Schenck

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your photos! They remind me of being stuck in the house during a winter storm.
    -Ashley Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful photos. I especially love "interrupted" and "evidence". You've got a great eye :) - Giselle Sanchez

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos! The way in which you chose to capture your pets has a mood through out the photos, making them all connect to one another in a photo series. Also, the two up close ones of the cat and dog are really interesting. The main focal points are the animals and the backgrounds are blurred out to make that known. -Renee Janiak

    ReplyDelete