Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Katie Laudeman "The Food I Eat"

"Mac 'n Cheese"

"Pasta Roni"

"Colby Cheese Quesadilla"

"Wings Etc. Boneless Wings"

"Wings Etc. Curly Fries"
 
 
 
I have always enjoyed cooking and baking, and from this I have learned the importance of the appearance of the food I make.  I decided to capture this in my selection of photography.  I assumed it wouldn't be too terribly hard, they would be still, set up shots and untrained food bloggers do it all the time.  Before I began taking my photographs, I thought about the types of foods I would photograph; I pictured garnished dishes that had different food groups on each plate.  But as soon as I began cooking the first food I was to photograph, I remembered, I am a college student and don't eat like that.  I feel like this set of images gives an insight on the lives of an average person who comes home and doesn't have the time to prepare elaborate meals but instead reaches for a box or other quickly made meal.  Furthermore, I found that it is hard to set up shots of food that make the meal look appealing.  Many of my images were discarded because they were at an awkward angle making the food look flat, or they had too much or too little of the plate in them.  In the end the photographs I chose were still not great, but this too adds to the look of an average persons' food, that, even if the recipes is followed, it still never looks like it does in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment