Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Vietnamese Food - Tuan Ngo






Hoanh Thanh Noodles by Mom!
Rice 10 ways - taught by Dad!
Banh Loc - Traditional dish from Hue, Vietnam

Family Beef Potluck
The two people res





Name: Tuan Ngo

The reason I chose these photos was because it represent who I am. I was born and grew up there the first 12 years of my life. Things that I took for granted as a kid such as food, language and people are now becoming rarer each day. After my family moved here to South Bend, IN, my parents tried very hard to maintain a sense of culture identity in all of the children at home. My parents have found that the best way for us to hold on to our root is through food. It keeps the memory of our birthplace fresh in our mind every time we smell and taste the food. Learning the name of the plates also do a small part in keeping the language alive. The food also bring the family together and as a result we keep the etiquette of the culture alive.

1 comment: