Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Midwestern Values



 Value: Relative worth, utility, or importance






Lavish: Expended or produced in abundance






 Greed: A selfish and excessive desire for more of something






Marriage: The state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband and wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

 Love: Strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties






Lazy: Disinclined to activity or exertion  






Amanda Hardesty- Midwestern Values
I took these set of photos because this semester I have learned a lot in a psychology class I was taking about how many countries of the world strive for a Midwestern life style. The United States of America is at the top of the list for Western culture and values. I wanted to take photos that represent how the culture has twisted the values and show what we have let them become. The titles are definitions of each word, all definitions are from www.merriam-websters.com/dictionary. The photo of the two women has two titles because that is my sister and her wife, and I looked up both definitions and found it interesting. 


2 comments: