Monday, December 3, 2012

Ashley Carlson-The Unavoidable Avoidances


Circumvention

Parry

Dodging 

Absention

Interference 

Ashley Carlson
Photo series: The Unavoidable Avoidances 

       Many photographers take hundreds of shots of the same subject, striving to get at least one that is not blurry and completely perfect. In my personal opinion though, blurry photographs are as perfect as a photo can ever become. These blurry photos, that everyone desperately tries to avoid, are honest in showing how imperfect the world really is, which snaps people back to reality and out of their perfectionist state of mind. Due to my desire to show people that nothing is perfect, I decided to do a series of blurry photographs that everyone has seen hundreds of times before and has always tried to avoid. These shots consist of a person who does not want their picture taken and does everything possible to ruin the perfect photo that is trying to be captured. 

4 comments:

  1. I thought this was very original and nicely done. I can't tell you how many photos I have taken and it is just a blur and I throw it away.

    Hillary Schenck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting....abstract photography. -Ben VanHuffel

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are very interesting. I think find things that are looked upon as imperfect to be in fact perfect. In my opinion you captures these very well, with the photos being blurry you have to take longer to study them and figure out what it going on (if you can even tell). I like the fact there is still certain parts of the photos that are clear, while others are blurry. Makes it different. -Renee Janiak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find some of my blurry ones to be the best at times too. I like that you made this your series. Nicely played.
    Alexis Ford-Doan

    ReplyDelete